Ginger Bread Houses in a pinch of time.
I love baking cookies and making Ginger Bread Houses for the holidays but, sometimes it's tricky to find the time and when I looked at ordinary Ice Cream Sandwiches one day, had an idea. (After all, isn't food on a stick an instant party?)
Either way, I hope that you have fun adding a village of small Ginger Bread Houses to you holidays!
This is what you'll need:
- Ice Cream Sandwiches
- I sharp knife.
- Icing for piping, an optional alternative
- Candy Canes and if you don't have these, use tradition stir sticks.
1. Cut the roof but cutting at a diagonal or look at our other example for a more traditional Swedish roof line.
- Notch out the door and windows and flip away the cookie with a twist of the knife.
If there are cookie crumbs, just use the point of the knife to scrape away these crumbs.
- You can use the icing for embellishments to draw pattern or if you prefer: or both, as you can see below.
Something you might like:
Angel Ginger Bread Cake with step-by-step instructions and template
Stained Glass Window Cookie
Lucia Buns (Saffran Buns) Lussekatt
I love this chance to meet. Come visit our Facebook willowday Page and like us. For more projects like this, come visit our Pinterest Page. Or join me for Instagram for daily posts, too.
Would you like to add simple, everyday, creativity to your family -- or travel with us to Sweden --- just sign up here and never miss a post.