My heart flipped the first time I saw an origami bulldog. It missed another beat when I quickly realized that these origami bulldogs could be bookmarks, too!
It's not a surprise if I say that we're a dog loving house; but, bulldog fever has struck. We have bulldog stuffed animals, bull dog sock --- you name it -- now: you can make some, too! We think these are so cute and hope you will, too! I hope that''s enough of a bone, to follow us below for the full tutorial...Let's get started making:
- Fold the edge to the center diagonal. Let the paper underneath flip out from the underside. Don’t crease. Do the same on the other side.
- Fold down in half.
- Fold the bottom tip of the top flap to meet the top center.
- Fold paper in half on diagonal both ways, open, and flip over
- Fold opposite points to center and flip over.
- Draw the raw edges of the bottom that you you folded up and have them meet the raw edges underneath, rabbit earing the middle flap. Do this on both sides (see photos below)
- Symmetrically squash the center flap. This will become the nose.
- Mountain fold cross-wise (just above the ear areas)
- Now, this fold will create the eyes: pinch the fold that you have just made and form a valley fold about an eighth of an inch above it. his is a personal taste fold. It affects the amount of paper for the eyes of the dog. (See photos below)
- Fold the edges of the ears over -- you determine the size that you like best.
- Mountain fold the top of the nose.
- Fold the bottom of the nose under to taste and your bulldog is ready!
- Slide the book mark over a page in a good book and you're ready to go! Happy Making!