Thursday, June 28, 2012
Things we love at 43 N
1) Lightning Bugs. We don't have these in Sweden.
2) Dusky Nights. It's never truly dark, where we live. We have the "almost" midnight sun where it's never completely dark, just midnight dusky.
3) Running with things that glow-in-the-dark.
4) Hot temperatures. We were peaking in the 60's as we left Stockholm
5) Water, water, water for swimming, splashing and sprinklers for running through.
What are your simple Summer pleasures? I never imagined that a warm, dark night would be exotic for our children, but it is. It's so much fun to see them re-discover the thrill of this, as they run outside at dusk, during our Summer visits. Our youngest announced two days ago that "this is the best day of my life," before bedtime and after a night of notching off the list above. I'd love to hear from you. Are your children's summer pleasures the same as the ones you had as a child?
Posted by willowday at 6:14 PM