DIY: FEATHER TOPPED PENCILS for Easter
Feather Pencils! I am so inspired by the colorful Swedish Easter feathers, this year, I wanted to make an Easter project with the kids and for gift giving. I love making something that could actually be used but is festive. Here are a few of our creations we are making to give to friends and family! These are so much fun and can be made in every color of the rainbow! Won't the be fun to add to an Easter Basket?
(*I like both the Japanese paper tapes and watercolor craft paper tape.
It is important to use a paper tape so that the pencil can be sharpened.)
1) place feathers on tape 2) wrap tape, with feathers, around the top of the pencil
3 + 4) At a diagonal, wrap tape firmly around the pencil
5) Cover entire pencil.
1) Choose approximately 2-4 feathers for the pencil topper.
2) Choose a coordinating paper tape.
3) Cut 2 inches of the paper tape.
4) Lay the feathers on this tape, only covering the ends of the feathers.
5) At the tip top of the pencil, wrap the tape around the pencil top.
Pull the tape tightly. Pulling the tape tightly is very important.
6) Now, in a diagonal motion, starting from the top of the pencil, twist the tape down
and around the pencil until reaching the bottom.
Once you reach the bottom, carefully cut the tape and press down to secure well.
In order to have a strong and tight wrapping, it is very important to pull the
tape tightly and to press the tape down, as you go through this motion.
7) Once you have decorated the pencil, make them extra special with a gift tag.
8) Happy Giving!
Something you might like: